I am in Dubai this week for the Arab Health conference which is the largest healthcare exhibition & medical congress in the Middle East. In between my meetings I can’t help but be mesmerized by the amount of beautiful skyscrapers and innovative architecture that covers the flat terrain.
Skyscrapers fascinate me. They are simply cool from all angles:
- An essential strong foundation that supports the whole structure
- A fusion of classic architecture techniques mixed with something new and unique
- Design & functionality, two seemingly opposites, meet to work hand-in-hand
- Thousands of individual systems within the building interacting with one another to make it a successful ecosystem
This got me thinking…skyscrapers and efficient teams are actually pretty similar. Let me illustrate the resemblance:
- To build an efficient team you need to assemble a solid core, or foundation, of experts to work together toward that common goal. All sharing your enthusiasm, passion and devotion, they make the project happen!
- The best teams have a mix of members with different backgrounds and experiences. They can bring to the table proven ideas that have worked in the past or new unique ideas that have never seen the light of day.
- To perfect an idea, it’s always best to brainstorm with a team. And I don’t mean a bunch of “yes men”, but getting various perspectives, opposing ideas, challenging one another to achieve awesomeness.
- With all the team members working together as one unit, BOOM the project is accomplished with amazing success!
Thank you Dubai for inspiring me with your beautiful skyscrapers. EVERYDAY I’m working on enhancing and adding to my skyline, living a “no limits” kind of attitude and continuously striving to reach for the sky.
Who’s in for working with me on building the next amazing Burj Khalifa 2.0?
What projects are you working on and with who? Please share and let’s see what we can create when we come together!